About the NAPCE Group
The Group is established to advance education and research in palliative care and in particular to promote increased knowledge of this subject among those individuals who work with those with cancer, life limiting illness and their families.
NAPCE's aims are
- To offer a forum for the dissemination of information, knowledge, innovations and development of palliative care education and the sharing of relevant resources for mutual professional development.
- To provide friendship and support for educators in the field of palliative care education.
- To inform and support the development of education strategies that support palliative care provision.
- To improve the quality of care of people with cancer and life limiting illness by promoting better information giving, communication and psychological support.
- To promote knowledge and implementation of the principles of palliative care among those individuals working with people with cancer and life limiting illness
Why we exist
- To offer a forum to share information, knowledge and innovation
- To offer support for educators in the field
- To inform and support the development of education strategies through the representation of member’s views
- To promote implementation of evidenced based practice in palliative care education